I’ve earned media in the nation’s most prestigious publications and received national marketing awards and speaking engagements, but most importantly, for the last 18 years I’ve been in the business of helping people. More precisely, I’m a communications consultant whose passion and expertise are deeply rooted in health & wellness, sports, travel, education and the arts. I’ve independently worked – and thrived – remotely supporting several clients in various stages of growth since 2014.
While New England based, I have worked across 48 states and visited 16 countries in my leisure time. I love the industries I work in almost as much as I love providing impeccable integrated marketing communications to businesses and clients. From concept to tear-down, I spice up consumer and trade events with equal parts enthusiasm and attention to detail. Pun-loving and punctilious, I revel in developing content, design and soup to nuts campaigns – from cross-platform social promotions to website overhauls and above-the-fold features. I’m often a one-woman powerhouse, but when working on a team, coaching or collaborating with clients, I don’t just bring business savvy to the table: Positive culture, emotional intelligence, mindfulness moments, and inclusivity are inherent to any job well done.
If you see opportunities to work together, collaborate pro bono or exchange a good chuckle, please be in touch via jenbutson(at)gmail.com.
Recent Clients & Work Experience
- At the intersection of precision medicine and behavioral health, Polaris Genomics is harnessing genomics to make invisible wounds like PTSD visible. It has been a privilege to support this Black-veteran-and-woman-led biotech since March, 2020. Not my first foray in biotech; in 2015, I also supported the marketing team with social media and targeted industry events promotion at Fluidigm, creator and manufacturer of innovative technologies and life-science tools designed to revolutionize biology.
- While heading up marketing & honing my headstand at New Haven, Ct’s top voted yoga & wellness center, Breathing Room, I also led communications for the naturopathic physicians and holistic wellness practitioners within the center. After five years, I am still active in Asana(both the yoga & management platform!) and a 200hr certified yoga teacher with United We Om trauma-informed and Prison Yoga Training experience; I have recently handed off the marketing operations to focus more on local collaborations, but I still get under the hood when the website needs tinkering.
- Running on three years, I’ve developed the community outreach, corporate partnerships and marketing support for the first and largest Run for Refugees on the East coast; it’s a benefit that raises vital funds and awareness for refugee & immigrant resettlement.
- Acing Academics from PreK to Phd: While I organized twice-monthly social and wellness-oriented events for Yale University grad families and managed the Grad Families department social media from 2016-2018, and again for a mid-pandemic stint in 2020, supplementing the office with graphics support was a fun little side project! I designed and produced Yale Grad Student Life Center‘s print brochures for on-campus and Admissions Department placement and one-offs, like the Winter Ball posters. At the same time, it was a joy to assist a private, independent preschool in growing its community engagement, benefit events and enrollment for two school-calendar years.
- Singing the praises of Americana powerhouse, Red Molly and coaching several independent music artists in marketing content & social media strategy, I also got to take a hold of the mic myself, speaking at the New England Songwriters Retreat in 2019, and yes, I’m always game for karaoke too!
- Illustrating its loveliness, I supported the Vermont Arts Council with public relations and comprehensive social media campaigns focused on their 50th anniversary and subsequent Vermont Arts statewide celebration and promotion, 2016-18.
Some Sweet Clips from the Past
Springtime in Vermont means Maple & Murals, Sugarhouses & Sculptures
Published via Vermont Arts Council & Vermont Fresh Network’s DiginVT blog, Spring 2017
Yale University Graduate & Professional Student Parent Brochure, Editor & Designer, Fall, 2016
Yale University Graduate & Professional Student Spouse Brochure, Editor & Designer, Fall, 2016
So Vermont Arts & Living Magazine, Fall 2016 Cover Story
Autumn & Art: Visit Vermont’s Colorful and Creative Landscape this Fall Foliage Season, Vermont Arts Council, Summer 2016
Experience Burlington, Vermont & Beyond Magazine,2016-2017 Issue Editor & provided the majority of editorial: Pgs 8-11, 24, 26, 30-32, 39, 43, & 48-49,
Mountains of Art: Discover Vibrant Art in Villages along the Nation’s Oldest Hiking Trail, Published via the Vermont Arts Council & the Green Mountain Club, Summer 2016
Babe in the Woods….And Loving It! Vermont State Parks Blog, Summer 2016
Vermont’s Winter Scene: Where Arts and the Alpine Define the Landscape, Ski Vermont, Winter 2016
Paddle through Vermont’s Past & Present, Vermont Vacation Summer Guide 2015
An Artisanal Kitchen is Made in Vermont & Vermont Culinary Experiences, Vermont Vacation Winter Guide 2015, Links unavailable.
Seeing is BeLeafing Fall Foliage Video Campaign, Vermont Dept. of Tourism & Marketing, Fall 2013